Controlled Flight into Terrain (CFIT) e-course:
Who should take the course?
- Flight Crew, Flight Instructors
How long is the program?
- The course is designed to be completed in average of 35 minutes.
This Controlled Flight into Terrain (CFIT) course is in conformity with:
ICAO Annex 6 Part I Amendment 21 and 27: Operation of Aircraft – International Commercial Air Transport – Aeroplanes
ICAO Annex 6 Part II Amendment 22: Operation of Aircraft – International General Aviation – Aeroplanes
COSCAP-South East Asia Advisory Circular No. CSEA 001 – Guidance for Operators on Training Programmes for the use of Terrain Awareness and Warning System
COSCAP-South East Asia Advisory Circular No. CSEA 019 – Reduced Effectiveness of TAWS/EGPWS Equipment
EASA IR-OPS CAT.IDE.A.150 TAWS
EASA IR-OPS AMC1 & GM1 to CAT.IDE.A.150 Glideslope Deviation
EASA IR-OPS GM1 to CAT.OP.MPA.290 TAWS Flight Crew Training Program
FAA FAR 121.354
FAA FAR 135.154
What is covered in the course?
- Case Study, Flying Tiger Line Flight 66 & American Airlines Flight 965
- ATC, Safe Altitude and position awareness, Altimeter incl. Settings unit
- SOP, Procedural incl. stabilised approach, Descent, Approach, Landing and automation
- CRM, Human Factors (complacency), Training Aspects, prevention including GPWS and EGPWS and finally correct handling of escape manoeuvre performed by flight crew
After completing all the chapters, the user is presented with a test in order to test his knowledge.
Will I receive a certificate upon completion of the course?
- Yes, you will receive a certificate that documents your training.
For airlines interested in volume licensing for e-learning, please go to ael.aero